Looking at last year's update of five sites inspired me to take stock of this year's total.
Looks like it's five again!
- In early April, I went to Cologne and saw the cathedral.
- Later that month, Christina and I headed to New York and took in the Statue of Liberty.
- In June, I traveled to Russia and saw St. Petersburg.
- In September, we went to England. One World Heritage Site we saw was the Blaenavon Industrial Landscape.
- Another was the Ironbridge Gorge.
For the second year in a row, Christina made it to a site I missed (which is only fair, given I made it to two she missed), Suzhou. If only I didn't have to go to these conferences...I wouldn't be traveling so much in the first place, I guess.
That brings me to 34 sites. Over 4%, finally! At this pace, I probably have a couple more years to go before I hit 5%.