Brian Michael Bendis is now my most-read author, after not making the top 10 two and half years ago. Robert Silverberg slipped out of the top 10 as a result.
Brian Michael Bendis (16)
- Jessica Jones: Alias, Vol. 1. 5 stars. "This volume is a nice exploration of the seedy side of Marvel."
- Guardians of the Galaxy/All-New X-Men: The Trial of Jean Grey. 4 stars. "A fun Guardians/X-men crossover."
- Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 3: Guardians Disassembled. 4 stars. "This did a good job at reminding you who each of the Guardians were, while still moving along the story."
- Jessica Jones: Alias, Vol. 2. 5 stars. "I continue to enjoy the comic more than the TV show (and I enjoy the show)."
- Alias, Vol. 3: The Underneath.
- Ultimate Comics Spider-Man - Volume 2. 4 stars. "It felt like it moved a little slowly."
- Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man, by Brian Michael Bendis, Volume 3. 3 stars. "It descended into Ultimate Universe silliness with Captain America as President and the Battle of Wyoming. Whatever."
- Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 4: Original Sin. 3 stars. "If you want GotG to deal with the Cancerverse and Venom, this is the book for you. I don't."
- Jessica Jones - The Pulse: The Complete Collection. 5 stars. "If I had any complaints, it was that the plot jumped from this to that, but it's a comic book, what did I expect?"
- Daredevil by Brian Michael Bendis & Alex Maleev Ultimate Collection, Book 1. 4 stars.
- Ultimate Comics Spider-Man by Brian Michael Bendis Volume 4. 4 stars. "Some quality Miles Morales storytelling."
- Daredevil by Brian Michael Bendis & Alex Maleev Ultimate Collection, Book 2. 4 stars.
- Daredevil by Brian Michael Bendis & Alex Maleev Ultimate Collection, Book 3. 4 stars.
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales Vol. 1 (Spider-Man (2016-)). 4 stars. " This is just as good as you'd expect given Bendis' previous Miles Morales work."
- Guardians of the Galaxy: New Guard, Volume 1: Emperor Quill. 3 stars.
James S. A. Corey (8)
- Drive. 4 stars. "This 7-page story is the long version of [the opening paragraph of Leviathan Wakes]. It's good, but not as good as the [that] paragraph."
- Leviathan Wakes. 4 stars. "I found the story compelling and enjoyable, but I am not quite sure what to think of the turn it took halfway through."
- Caliban's War. 4 stars. "I continue to enjoy this series. I'm still not 100% sure about the genre mishmash."
- The Butcher of Anderson Station. 4 stars. "A bit short for two bucks, but something to pass the time while I have the next book in the series on hold."
- Abbadon's Gate. 4 stars. "I enjoyed this more than I expected."
- Gods of Risk. 4 stars. "I thought the main character was really well-drawn, as a teenager in over his head -- as most teenagers are."
- Cibola Burn.
- Nemesis Games.
Matt Fraction (4)
- Hawkeye, Volume 1. 5 stars. "It's a clever, snappy, above-average comic book that was still a lot more fun than it should have been."
- Hawkeye, Volume 3: L.A. Woman. 4 stars. "It was still good fun particularly since I enjoy the more down-to-earth superhero antics."
- Hawkeye, Volume 4: Rio Bravo. 4 stars.
- The Immortal Iron Fist: The Complete Collection, Vol. 1. 4 stars. "It was good enough that I incurred overdue fines to finish it."
Scott Lynch (3)
- The Lies of Locke Lamora. 4 stars. "This is a very good book, and it was fun to read."
- Red Seas Under Red Skies. 3 stars. "It was exciting, and the characters were unique and fleshed-out."
- Republic of Thieves. 4 stars. "The writing seemed to have matured."
Ryan North (3)
- The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Volume 3: Squirrel, You Really Got Me Now. 4 stars. "Fun, without being cloying."
- The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up the Marvel Universe. 4 stars. "This book worked pretty well as a satire of a variety of other Marvel Universe titles from years past."
- The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Volume 4: I Kissed a Squirrel and I Liked It. 4 stars. "Charming."
Greg Pak (3)
- Hulk: Planet Hulk. 2 stars. "It wasn't to my taste."
- Hulk: WWH - World War Hulk. 3 stars. "A lot of smashing wrapped around a fairly straightforward story"
- The Totally Awesome Hulk, Volume 1: Cho Time. 3 stars. "Some fun stuff but so, so, sexist."
G. Willow Wilson (3)
- Ms. Marvel: Vol. 5: Super-Famous. 3 stars. "It got a little silly in parts."
- A-Force, Volume 0: War-Zones! 3 stars. "I was mildly entertained."
- A-Force, Volume 1: Hypertime. 3 stars.
Claudia Gray (2)
- Bloodline. 4 stars. "This is the best of the new canon works that I've read."
- Lost Stars. 4 stars. "This book did something that none of the other new Star Wars tie-in books did; it made me care about characters who weren't from the movies."
Jeff Lemire (2)
- Hawkeye, Volume 5: All-New Hawkeye. 3 stars. "The storytelling wasn't as compelling as the previous amazing volume."
- Descender, Vol. 1: Tin Stars. 3 stars.
Greg Rucka (2)
- Before the Awakening. 3 stars.
- Shattered Empire. 3 stars.
Dan Slott (2)
- Amazing Spider-Man: Worldwide, Vol. 1. 3 stars. "What dragged this down for me was how ridiculous Zodiac was as a villainous organization."
- Amazing Spider-Man: Worldwide, Vol. 2. 3 stars.
Mike Benson (1)
- Luke Cage: Avenger. 3 stars. "This was a mishmash of stuff."
Lois McMaster Bujold (1)
- Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen. 4 stars. "It wasn't very exciting, as all of the conflict was internal."
Ernest Cline (1)
- Ready Player One. 3 stars.
Ta-Nehisi Coates (1)
- Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet, Volume 1. 3 stars.
Kelly Sue DeConnick (1)
- Captain Marvel, Volume 2: Stay Fly. 3 stars
Luke Dempsey (1)
- Club Soccer 101: The Essential Guide to the Stars, Stats, and Stories of 101 of the Greatest Teams in the World. 4 stars. "It fails to be 5 stars only because alphabetical order is a weird way to read them."
Steve Ditko (1)
- The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl & The Great Lakes Avengers. 3 stars. "The real star of this book in my view is the Great Lakes Avengers who are an interesting group in their own right."
Alan Dean Foster (1)
- The Force Awakens. 4 stars. "I liked it because I like the story from the film."
Jason Fry (1)
- The Weapon of a Jedi - A Luke Skywalker Adventure. 3 stars.
Kieron Gillen (1)
- Darth Vader, Vol. 1: Vader. 4 stars. "It really captures the spirit of what made Darth Vader cool in the original trilogy without layering on too much new crap."
Sam Humphries (1)
- Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: Black Vortex. 3 stars. "Parts of it were fun."
Jason LaTour (1)
- Spider-Gwen, Vol. 1: Greater Power. 3 stars. "I didn't find it compelling."
Ursula K. LeGuin (1)
- The Daughter of Odren. 4 stars.
Kate Leth (1)
- Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 1: Hooked On A Feline. 3 stars. "It was fine."
Jeff Loveness (1)
James Luceno (1)
- Catalyst (Star Wars): A Rogue One Novel. 4 stars. "This was interesting in its own right."
Naomi Novik (1)
- League of Dragons
Ken Ono (1)
- My Search for Ramanujan: How I Learned to Count. 4 stars. "Overall, I found the book very interesting."
Amy Reeder (1)
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Vol. 1: BFF. 3 stars. "I liked Moon Girl. I did not like Devil Dinosaur."
J. K. Rowling (1)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay. 3 stars. "I wish Rowling would go back to writing novels."
Brandon Sanderson (1)
- Calamity. 3 stars. "This series definitely did not live up to the potential of the first book."
John Sandford (1)
- Saturn Run. 4 stars. "The second half of the book really kicked things up a notch."
Charles Soule (1)
- Lando. 3 stars. "A pleasant enough read."
John Tiffany (1)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. 3 stars. "This relied heavily on one of the things that bothered me by the end of book seven, namely the inbred nature of the wizarding world."
Mark Waid (1)
- Princess Leia. 4 stars. "It does what a tie-in should do by enriching the back story rather than complicating the events of the movies."
Walt Disney Company (1)
- Star Wars: 5-Minute Star Wars Stories. 4 stars. "It's a good way to induct your kids into the cult of Star Wars even if they're too young to see the whole movies."
Ben H. Winters (1)
- Underground Airlines. 4 stars.