I recently became aware of a nearby geocache
which you're only allowed to log if you've found caches in all 60 minutes of the 76th degree west of longitude. Since I live in that degree, I thought I'd have a shot at having a substantial number of these minutes. I've only found 86 caches total, and many of those were not in the Eastern U.S., so I knew I wouldn't be close to 60, but it might be interesting.
|CAM 2006 (minute 55)|
My previous "goal" was to find caches in all of Maryland's 24 counties. I stalled out at nine a few years ago
, mostly because a lot of travel would be required to add to the list. But the minutes are by definition, potentially close to home.
As it turns out I have 11 of the 60 minutes. Here they are. (When I found a minute multiple times, I used the earliest representative.
- 27 A Stroll Around Solomons Island (blog post)
- 31 Beachwood Park Travel Bug Hotel
- 36 Hutchins Hideaway (blog post)
- 40 Crofton Travel Bug Tavern
- 50 Manta's Mystery Cache (blog post)
- 54 Forest Heaven
- 55 CAM 2006 - Inside the Beltway (blog post)
- 56 Maryland Marathon (blog post)
- 57 National Treasures (blog post)
- 58 Birds Don't Have Pockets (blog post)
|Maryland Marathon (minute 56)|
- 59 Grab A Seat (blog post)
It's possible that I found a few other minutes, but since I am no longer a "premium member," I can't retrieve the coordinates. At this point, I don't think it's worth it to re-join.
|Birds Don't Have Pockets (minute 58)|
|Grab A Seat (minute 59)|
Post a Comment