Last year, I didn't nominate very much. My reasoning, expressed in another post was, "I wouldn't want my vote to bump another interesting novel out of the Hugo list, because I want to see what else it out there."
This year, I've changed my mind. I saw what else is out there last year, and I didn't like it very much. Basically, if it's a four-star work, I will nominate it. Here's what I've got.
- Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
- A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan
- Starhawk by Jack McDevitt
- Blood of Tyrants by Naomi Novik
- Countdown City by Ben H. Winters
- Selkie Stories Are for Losers by Sofia Satamar
- The New Guys Always Work Overtime by David Erik Nelson
- Game of Thrones, Season 3
- Kameron Hurley
- Randall Munroe
Randall Munroe writes xkcd which is just awesome. He did some particularly nice work in 2013, and since I've noticed him in "Others Receiving Votes" in 2012, I thought I'd try to help get him nominated.