For a list of all the Bowie Restaurant Project reviews, look here.
15471 Excelsior Dr.,
Most Recent Foursquare Check-in: 2/21/2015
Total Foursquare Check-ins: 3
Pre-Foursquare Visits: No
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
First Watch proves that a chain can do a good job of providing healthy food in a pleasing environment. I think it's my nominee for the "Best Breakfast" category (assuming that there is, in fact, a place to nominate Bowie restaurants for such things).
It's sort of hard to describe the restaurant concept succinctly, but it's basically breakfast/brunch/lunch with fresh ingredients.
All three of my visits have produced tasty meals. The only glitch I really had was one time, I brought two hungry four-year-olds, and the meals took much longer than they should have. That would not have been a problem with patient adults with fully-formed digestive systems, but hungry crankiness led to some embarrassing misbehavior. So, if you have hungry kids, IHOP is probably a better choice. But if you want adult food for adults, you should come here.
Besides my three visits, one time a co-worker arranged a catering order through them (something I've done very successfully at Lima's). It was great!
Bowie Restaurant NewsI haven't posted a restaurant update since January, so there must be some news. Let's see.
- Glory Days has been reduced to rubble with the rest of the Marketplace. It will not be returning.
- Wingstop is now open in the former Quizno's location at Bowie Town Center.
- Yamon Island Grill is now open in the Bowie Town Center food court.
- Simply Southern American Grille is now open next to Chesapeake Grille in Hilltop.
- Chuck's Wagon BBQ is open in Bowie Plaza
- Free State is getting "America's Best Wings".
Coming to Bowie at some point in the future:
- America's Best Wings
- another Taco Bell
- Whatever the new Marketplace brings (Chipotle and Firehouse?)
- Samosa Supreme (Their website now sounds like less of a restaurant, though).